Playing Rabbits Playing Rabbits

This is really really brilliant. Is it a dance piece? A waltz of some kind? The lightheartedness and virtuosity of the piano as well as being in 3/4 time suggests so. I think this is absolutely amazing. I don't even like most kinds of classical dance music but this really takes the cake as a 'twist' on the Christmas theme. There is just the right amount of variation in the thematic material as well which is a huge bonus. I can honestly say that I would prefer this piece to win the competition rather than my own. It's just that good. Hope to hear more of your work in the future champ.
All the best

SoundChris responds:

Thanks a lot for your kindness and detailed review!

When i created the track i didnt think of some kind of dance. I decided to use a 6/8 tact because i wanted to create a feeling of "floating" if you know what i mean: Everything should feel as lightwight as possible to immitate the snowfall. I put some decent fx wind and fire effects in to increase the winters athmosphere - hope it worked :D

I can unterstand what you mean when you are saying it would feel to be a dance piece: The track has got some waltz elements, but i have not been consequent and decided to loosen up the form a little bit because i didnt want the jauntily feel to be constricted by it (sorry for my bad english skills :D)

I am looking forward to listen to your christmas piece today! Thanks again for that really nice feedback

Best wishes!!

Chris

Ganzes Puppenhaus [MAC12] Ganzes Puppenhaus [MAC12]

Okay 3 stars from me for a couple of reasons (I'm being generous). Your melody lacks finesse and structure. You have essentially the same pattern repeating over and over again with slightly different instruments. This would be okay if it wasn't an almost 5 minute piece. It gets quite dull very quickly. If your argument is 'oh the melody is like that coz it's ambient' then I'd just tell you that it's not really that effective as an ambient piece either. I understand the sound quality problems. Most of us start with cruddy software and/or equipment. Having said all that, this is quite a good starting block. Your material while very repetitive is cute and all I can tell you to do is keep working at it and good luck. All the best champ

davidnimmersatt responds:

hey... thanks ;)

BUT THIS MELODY IS JUST LIKE IT CUZ ITS AMBIENT!! ;D

I also can tell you that my actual song is uploaded on soundcloud and is a bit diffrent ;)
->https://soundcloud.com/davidnimmersatt/christmasness0-3<-

Winter Venture Winter Venture

I almost entirely agree with Metal Renard. There's about 15 seconds of thematic material (very good material) but there's not really any expansion or development. It could indeed use a proper melody and more harmony and maybe a few different chords in there? It seems to be based on the whole '4 chord' idea all the way through which made it a bit dull. Having said that it's a great loop and the balance as pretty perfect. Good job champ.

Christmas under the light Christmas under the light

Hey man, everyone starts at some point. This isn't a bad first try. What programs are you using? You might want to check your levels before you submit next time. I'm giving this 4 stars because you have solid thematic material. That's essentially it. The harmonies are lacking somewhat and the tones of the instruments themselves are actually quite unpleasant to listen to. Having said that there is some potential here and I think you'd do well if you got new music software or at least mastered what you have now. Better luck next time and all the best champ.

deemo1000 responds:

Thanks a lot. I use FL studio 10 and I will try to improve. :D

Distended Womb Distended Womb

This is hilarious. Oh man you so hipster. This is brilliantly satirical and the people that rate this badly probably don't get the point. Keep up the good work :)

Gobblemeister responds:

Satire would imply I am trying to mock someone................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Festivity and Feathers Festivity and Feathers

This is brilliant. Another sibelius user. That means you can actually notate music which is a nice change from most of these works. Sure the sibelius sounds aren't the greatest in the work but your harmony and the quirky tune along with the poly-rhythmic devices you use make this piece absolutely wonderful. Good job.
4.5 stars and a 5 rating.

CheckeredZebra responds:

Thank you, always makes me happy to see a new comment :D Also, you're like the first person to actually like the fact I use Sibelius. (in fact, most of them tell me to get something else, haha.)

&amp;lt;Fear Itself&amp;gt; <Fear Itself>

music

this is brilliant. i like the mix of tonality and atonality for the creepy effect and youve got a very good blend of instruments. keep up the good work man

hektikmusic responds:

thanks for listening, i'm glad you liked what you heard. this was my first attempt at creepy music, i think i did alright :)

Nothin Left Nothin Left

music

I like your use of percussive syncopation and the chord progression. Keep up the good work. I'll spread the word abut you because your stuff is worth spreading.

Barcus responds:

thank you and i'll do the same for you

Farewell King Hyrule Farewell King Hyrule

music

One of the few audio submitters that can actually read and write music. I'm very impressed by the piece due to me being a zelda fan and due to the fact that this is a rather brilliant arrangement. You sir are very talented. I think all your stuff is great and you should keep up the good work :)

McSwainy responds:

Thank you very much. I work hard on all of my music. I am a classically trained pianist, and I'm currently studying music composition at a University. It is nice to see that all my hard work doesn't go unnoticed!

Morph1 -Skyline Breeze ft Soro Morph1 -Skyline Breeze ft Soro

music is nice

this is pretty brilliant. The bass compliments the complex piano and gives a sense of drive which so many newgrounders seem to lack. I think my only problem with it is that there isn't enough of it. Keep up the good work :)